I have a rule with shopping, if you wanted it before the sale, definitely buy it. Hence, i am now the owner of two new victory patterns*: the Simone and the Anouk. If you have seen my October makes video you may be familiar with these makes already. What I love about Victory Patterns is that they, for me, are slightly more challenging with their different shapes and techniques and their unique designs.
So How did it Sew?
Completed: 13th October 2016
The Simone is gorgeous, with it detailed bib and racer back.
I would recommend you do a plain version or toile of this first. I went straight in with a shiny black fabric for all the detailed interfaces parts, Yes it looks stunning, but it was a pain in the Bum for a first attempt. The main part of the dress was a beautiful grey cotton pattern that I had in my stash.
I enjoyed doing the bib, it took some fiddling and folding, but I think it is all worth it for the finale affect. I still regret that i stupidly cut the grey fabric horizontal, instead of vertical, although it looks great, it would have looked better. I am a bit of a perfectionist.
I do realise that i made technically a summer item going into winter… which goes against my sustainable clothing /useful makes policy. But as you can see from my pics, i have dressed it up in my coven/witchy style. I can see this under long black cardis.
For something a bit different, and to test the skills of a confident beginner, I would totally recommend you check out victory for a challenge.
*Although I link Victory Patterns, I believe I bought them elsewhere. Although because I am unsure where they were on sale, I have linked you to the main source for the pattern.